Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thing 22 Classroom20

Classroom 2.0 is a fantastic tool and something I will be sharing with my teachers prior to school starting. I was so impressed w/ the site that I will most likely share it on Facebook so my teachers can get a start checking out all of the reading materials and forums/blogs to follow. Initially, I was a bit overwhelmed just taking it all in. But, I followed the suggested reading/points of interest found in this activity and that definitely helped to focus my exploring.
  • Welcome - Thankfully, the Welcome gives a brief synopsis of what the site is about. Also, the mention of creating an account and that the site watches over SPAM really made me very comfortable with the sites motives as not being a place for selling new curriculum. Yea!
  • Forum - The forum was a great place for me to start. The post are specific and I was able to look over what I wanted to learn more about and read over the new information other educators are finding. Again, this overview is not a hard sell of new products but of productivity software that is enhancing the curriculum. It was evident to me that the folks that hang out here are vested in their student's success and their own personal growth as educators.
  • Groups - The Groups arena focuses the content even more based on what the teacher teaches and the specific areas the educators are working towards. While the forum is a great place to browse, I would prefer my teachers to spend more time looking for what group they should belong to to learn more about integrating technology into their own grade level or content area.
  • It is my goal to be well versed enough regarding this website that I can point teachers in the right direction as well as finding my own resource group where I can find information that will also make me a better instructional leader. I have found that we must lead by example. With that in mind, this particular site will certainly make that easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment