Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thing 11 Flickr















This is the view from my patio! Not likely, but I do wish my patio view did find me in the rain forest! The picture is taken from my tour and Flickr experience. The photographer is noted as being provided byCubaGallery. CubaGallery's creator is a photographer by the name of Andrew from New Zealand. His particular pictures are copyrighted so they must be notated and can not be altered.

My Flickr experience focused on using the Creative Commons site. I found this site to be very helpful is knowing what and how pictures can be shared and used. What I found most helpful were the explanations as they pictures are sorted by groups letting the user know how the pictures can be used. As an educator, this is particularly helpful as many teachers download pictures to use in their classroom.

My previous experience with Flickr has been quite limited. While I knew about the site, I didn't fully understand the possibilities the site has to offer. While I always like to play it safe when using or "borrowing" other's work from the web, I find the Creative Commons portion of Flickr my best option. Or, it is at least where I would go first for available and free photographs to use in my classroom to enhance the learning experience for my students.


No comments:

Post a Comment