Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thing 21 Twitter

Firs, let me start by stating that I have never been a big Twitter fan and I think that will be obvious with this post. I reviewed all of the suggested tweets on twitter. To be honest, twitter is my least favorite thing that I have. Of the suggested tweets to follow, I only found the following 3 to be of any kind of use.


Of these 3, only the TCEA twitter site seemed completely relevant to me as a technology teacher or as an educator looking to integrate new ideas directly into my classroom. There were direct links to new apps to be read about and downloaded, job openings and articles related to teaching experiences.

I love Alan November, but some of his tweets, as thought provoking as ever, always come across so cerebral that I think if his tweets more like a "sage on the stage" commentary on world views in regard to learning, technology and politics. Yes, he is definitely a force to be reckoned with in the technology world. And, I do believe his impact on instructional technology is powerful and well intended for our students. I just don't think his tweets are worth the time to read. Go figure?

Rmbyrne....um, who cares. Again - nothing that I found directly valuable to my own experiences. Perhaps if I heard him in a staff development session I would think differently about his approach or his new teaching. I appreciate that he is a technology advocate and a Google Certified Teacher. Other than that....who cares about his tweets?

I also looked at the David Warlick site...he tweets that he was surprised Texas had yoga mats in the hotel he was staying in. Again, who cares?

Thanks but no thanks, Twitter. I'll keep me tweets to myself.... Maybe I will change my opinion one day?


No comments:

Post a Comment