Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thing 19 - VoiceThread

WOWZA! How cool is this and where has it been hiding?

Personally - I can see tons of ways to share photos and information with family members. What a fun way to have some "facetime" with several people all at one time. The site reminds me a bit of an impromptu skype session. But, I like this particular site better because it gives conversations a content based beyond the usual conversation piece that could jump from subject to subject.

Professionally this is an amazing collaborative tool for students and educators alike. My vision for this is to see students working together building their product. Also, the teacher would be facilitating everything off/online monitoring students progress. This platform would give students time to allow their project to evolve and the peer interaction could be monitored by the teacher. On the flip side, with cyber-bullying to consider - I would also want my students to understand that all post and comments must be on target and follow the academic goal.

Another hurdle would be making believers out of the teachers that are hesitant to allow students this kind of forum. I have no doubt that the kids would have no problem picking up this tool and creating amazing products.

This is definitely a promising tool and I hope to see teachers place this tool in their students hands. It is readily available so I say, "Go for it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment