Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thing 20 - Google Docs

LOVE LOVE LOVE Google D ocs!

I started by creating my word document. I keep thinking I have found the "best" things so far, and yet this has to be the most applicable "thing" for my current position as a campus administrator.

My word document was shared w/ my Principal and office staff members. I made a Back to School To Do List. Everyday, or at the end of each day, I am constantly making and prioritizing my list of things that I have to get done. What I see myself doing is using this platform at home and the office. Also, I really see me using it w/ my Principal. She can share documents with me and communication can be enhanced. Also, as data is always at the forefront of our teacher conversations, I can see using the spreadsheet as a way to share preliminary data with teachers and administrators.

The shared google doc that I created will give us a jumping off point and I hope will focus us as the new year begins. My document was shared and it is open for my co-workers to make necessary changes.

Likewise, the spreadsheet and presentation device are very similar to Microsoft Office devices as that is the creator. The interface is very user friendly and there is no reason that I can think of why teachers would not be able to jump into this arena and begin creating and sharing amongst campus administration and their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment