Monday, October 4, 2010

Thing 6

How Technology Will Destroy Our Future

This was the best article I ran across....written by a fellow educator and from what I can infer, a life-long learner committed to education. His thoughts are .... "The truth is, technology isn’t going to destroy our future, it’s just destroying the past, or rather the notion of what used to be “good” teaching."

My experience with the reader has been great! I am very embarrassed to say that I didn't know that RSS meant Really Simple Syndication....and, it is - really simple! I added quite a few blog sites and I am enjoying the daily updates. What I like most about the reader is that I can skim, find the articles that interest me most and read whatever is most interesting to me.
Now...how to get this kind of information into the hands of my teachers...??? I think I will first start by trying to create an RSS feed from their blog sites. Cool!


2 comments:

  1. Don't worry - before I took this class, I never paid attention to RSS feeds either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! RSS makes keeping up so simple, especially for teachers whose students are blogging.

    ReplyDelete